ChromClub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isocratic pump maintenance video

3 posters

Go down

Isocratic pump maintenance video Empty Re: Isocratic pump maintenance video

Post by Kristine Jane Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:52 am

I would like to ask what cud be done sa pump ng HPLC kasi we're experiencing big pressure fluctuations causing noise sa mga peaks or wala na siya lumalabas na peaks. We've checked for leaks and the needles as well pero ok naman siya. wer in the pump cud the problem be? hope u cud help. Waters po ang unit namin...

Kristine Jane
Chrom I
Chrom I

Female Number of posts : 1
Company : Sydenham Laboratories Inc.
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by LFerrer Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:48 pm

Issue ni Ms kristine,

Large pressure fluctuation could be traced to air in the solvents - which could be eliminated by simple degassing which i am sure you did already. If pressure fluctuation still persist after degassing - maybe you need to change the pump seals and the pressure transducer. To check if your pump is still ok, try to disconnect it from the column and connect the outer tubing to a 10mL graduated cylinder and start pumping 1mL/min flow for 10 minutes. You should get 10mL. Do this at least 5 times. You must get a difference of no more than 1mL. If it exceed then you need to rebuild the pump. Please give me feedback.

LFerrer
Chrom I
Chrom I

Male Number of posts : 6
Company : EKPI
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down